2017 Group Meetings dates.
There will no meeting on Thursday 30th March. The next one is Thursday 27th April.
Regular informal meetings are held every last Thursday in the month from 7.30pm at The Snaefell Surgery,
Anagh Coar, Douglas or ‘One-to-one’ at home or on the telephone.
Contact: Sharon Maddrell - 482662 Paulene Lamb - 420063,
Our Office and postal address is:-
13 North Quay
Douglas IM1 4LE
“The doctors and nurses care for you physically, but nobody can help you mentally more than someone who has actually been through it”
Treatments can last a year and beyond, leaving many patients suffering financial hardship...
· Paid for childcare for 3 days immediately after each cycle of chemo for a Mum, so sick from side effects that she couldn’t get out of bed.
· Paid for a terminally ill Mum to take her child on a little holiday.
· A lady had a stroke straight after her breast cancer surgery and went to live with her son. He wanted to turn their bathroom into a wet room. He had little money and had to take a week off work without pay to do the work so we gave them the equivalent of his weeks wages.
· Paid for a fill of heating oil.
· Paid urgent utility bills.
· New reading glasses for an elderly patient.